The Best Custom ROM advantage of android is that it is an open-source project that allows many developers to join the community. the android developer community is quite big with their biggest feat being the ability to develop custom ROMs or custom Android builds.
- custom ROM is an aftermarket firmware production based on the android source code provided by Google. the main reason why people prefer custom ROMs is the fact that almost every company drops support for their devices after 1-2 years of their launch.
- custom ROM, on the other hand, helps keep your device alive and updated with the latest android.
- the reasons why people seek custom ROMs are the tons of features they offer and that too without any bloatware that is part of manufacturer skins. while there are many custom ROMs out there to choose from not all of them are stable enough to be used as your daily driver.
- if you have someone who wants to install a custom ROM on their device but is confused about which one to go with the read on as we bring to you our list of the Best Custom ROM for Android Operating System.
Related Article >> 5 Best Magisk Modules for Android Phone
1. Pixel Experience
pixel experience is the best custom ROM for android right now and I can draw out three reasons for that.
- that it has a huge list of device support from Xiaomi Realme Asus and Samsung and more.
- it brings pixel features on a range of supported devices like the newer google assistant built-in Gcam support pixel live wallpapers and more.
- it has amazing stability among all the ROMs that I have tested for years. the main developer, Henrique Pereira is not in a tearing hurry to port new android versions to all the devices.
Related Article >> 2 Easy Way To Uninstall System Apps On Android
the Best Custom ROM biggest names in the custom ROM scene lineageOS while many of you might not be familiar with the name lineageOS is actually the same custom ROM that started as CyanogenMod. back in the fall of 2016 cyanogen inc. announced that it was discontinuing development and shut down the infrastructure behind the project. since then the developer community has kept the project alive but under the name of lineageOS.
- built on top of google AOSP code and adding their own custom code to it, lineageOS works as a standalone ROM as well as the source code for many other custom ROMs out there.
- it has the biggest developer team under its name and officially supports over 190 devices. the ROM includes basic but useful features that include but are not limited to customizing the status bar changing the overall theme editing the navbar and much more. while google AOSP is barebones, lineageOS gives it a sense of customizability while maintaining stability and privacy.
Related Article >> How To Install Google Camera On Any Android Mobile
3. AOSP Extended
the name suggests AOSP Extended is built directly from the AOSP source code and adds various cherry-picked commits from multiple other projects. its Best Custom ROM and like all custom ROMs out there that are based on AOSP, and he provides a smooth and lag-free experience out of the box.
- the AOSP Extended is also not short on features boasting of multiple customizability options available to modify the status bar lock screen, color accent, and other android settings.
- it also mixes well with google imagination of android the development team behind AOSP Extended is also highly active rolling out timely updates at the start of each month.
- AOSP Extended is in most ways one of the most dependable custom ROMs out there that can be used as a daily driver.
- the developers have released android 10 builds for many devices including Xiaomi, Realme, Motorola, and more.
Related Article >> How To Unroot Android Operating System