Ethernet Doesn’t Have A Valid IP Configuration: ethernet cables have made a special place in the world of the internet. it is now one of the most common types of network cables used for wired networks worldwide. these cables are limited by length but very efficient in providing a very high-speed internet connection. recently some issues have been reported regarding ethernet that “Ethernet Doesn’t Have A Valid IP Configuration” which has made many users anxious and concerned.
How To Fix Ethernet Doesn’t Have A Valid IP Configuration?
“Ethernet Does Not Have A Valid Ip Configuration” issue is caused due to an invalid IP address being caught by DHCP. in addition to which a faulty driver can be equally responsible. also any problems with network interface cards lead to this message that your ethernet is unable to have a valid IP configuration. So let’s begin with the fixes to get rid of this issue as soon as possible.
Method-1 > Uninstalling Ethernet Drivers
- STEP 1 > go to your windows explorer.
- STEP 2 > right-click on this pc and select properties.
- STEP 3 > now select the device manager on the left.
- STEP 4 > open the network adaptors list by clicking on the arrow next to it.
- STEP 5 > select the network adaptor you want to uninstall and right-click on it to expand the options and then select uninstall the device.
- STEP 6 > then press ok.
- STEP 7 > click on the action and select scan for hardware changes options. this will reset your drivers to the default version.
now restart your pc and check whether the ethernet doesn’t have a valid ip configuration issue has resolved or not.
Related Article >> What Is IDP.Generic?
Method-2 > Disable And Enable Your Network Adapter
sometimes simple steps like disabling and enabling your network adaptor can work as miracles as it might resolve temporary issues that might be causing the real problem.
- STEP 1 > press the windows key + s together.
- STEP 2 > then the type control panel in the search menu that appears and hit enter.
- STEP 3 > next launch the network and sharing centre from the control panel.
- STEP 4 > click on the connections options next to the view your active network lists to select the networks you want to fix.
- STEP 5 > now click on the disable button to disable your network interface card.
- STEP 6 > then right-click it again and select enable.
- STEP 7 > restart your pc and now you can check up on the ethernet error.
Related Article >> How To Fix DNS Server Not Responding
Method-3 > Restoring The TCP/IP Settings
- STEP 1 > press windows key + s to open the search menu.
- STEP 2 > then type control panel and hit enter.
- STEP 3 > now click on the network and sharing center in the control panel.
- STEP 4 > your active networks select the system you want to fix by clicking on connections options next to it.
- STEP 5 > then a popup will appear. click on properties.
- STEP 6 > click on the install button and select the protocol.
- STEP 7 > after that click on add and select a button reliable multi-class protocol option.
- STEP 8 > click on ok and restart your system.
Related Article >> How To Fix “Err_Cache_Miss” Error
Method-4 > Use Command Prompt
ethernet doesn’t have a valid ip configuration error message, you might be able to solve the problem by using command prompt.
- press windows key + x and choose command prompt (admin)
- when command prompt opens, enter the following commands.
netsh winsock reset
netsh int ip reset
after running these commands you just have to restart your pc. once your pc restarts the problem should be resolved and you are able to access the internet without any issues.
Related Article >> Uninstall Windows 10 Built-In Apps
Method-5 > Enable or Restart DHCP
DHCP is a component of windows that automatically assigns the IP address to your pc. if you are getting ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration error message it might be because DHCP isn’t enabled.
if the troubleshooters can’t fix the problem you might have to restart DHCP service manually from windows.
- STEP 1 > press windows key + r and enter services.msc now press enter or click ok.
- STEP 2 > when the services window opens locate DHCP client on the list and double click it to open its properties.
- STEP 3 > set the startup type to automatic and make sure that the service is running. click on apply and ok to save changes.
- STEP 4 > now right-click DHCP client and choose restart from the menu.
- STEP 5 > confirmation message will appear. click on yes to proceed.
this was some of the methods which you can perform to solve ethernet doesn’t have a valid ip configuration error and then you will be able to connect your system with high-speed internet.
What Can I Do If Ethernet Doesn’t Have A Valid IP Configuration?
> previously encountered a networking issue that says ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration then something is wrong with your network interface card.
> ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration error can be caused by fast startup feature. to fix this error you need to you can follow the step in this article.