corrupted recycle bin can instance you try to recover a deleted file and you cannot. recycle bin is the place where you dump all the files folders and applications which you don’t want. in fact, it can be of great help to you when you accidentally deleted something and then you want to recover it.
Related Article >> Easy Way To Fix Intel UNDI PXE-2.0 (Build 083) Error
- each drive on Windows has a hidden and protected system folder called $recycle.bin if you use the Unhide option from the folder options you will be able to see this folder. when you delete files or folders from your desktop or any other folder they are moved to the recycle bin folder for holding. but you may face a problem where your recycle bin gets corrupted and you have to repair or reset it.
- if you repair or reset it the recycle bin folder in Windows 10/8/7 gets deleted. Windows will automatically create a new $recycle.bin folder this is of course not a new feature but has been present in Windows.
Related Article >> Easy Way To Fix Kernel Mode Heap Corruption BSOD In Windows 10
Reset Corrupted Recycle Bin
- Click on the start button on your desktop and type command prompt in the search box.
- right-click on the result and click on run as administrator to open the command prompt.
- now execute the below command and hit enter to delete the recycle bin.
rd /s /q c:$recycle.bin
NOTE: here the problem is in C drive used the same in the command. but if the problem is in another drive for instance in E drive replace the C drive with it.
- now simply restart your computer and you will find a new recycle bin.
Related Article >> 3 Best Way To Enabling And Disabling Full-Screen Mode In Microsoft Edge
recycle bin is one handy windows feature that we don’t use daily. but when we do it can potentially save the day one of the above solutions will fix your corrupted recycle bin error. if you found another way do share with us in the comments below.