macOS Catalina users face cron permission issue that may have noticed certain shell scripts with Cron, Cronjob and crontab are either not working at all or not able to function properly in the newest versions of macOS. this may be accompanied by a permissions error operation not permitted error or a script or cronjob may simply fail silently in the background. while there are numerous reasons a Cronjob may fail strict security measures in the latest macOS releases may also be at fault and cause problems for some users.
Instructions For Normal Mac Users: the modifications in settings are for the advanced mac users only. we recommend you yo not grant full disk access to any app process or anything else unless you are aware of what you are doing and what could be the end consequences. the cron runs the processes in the background for a specific reason and it may disrupt your security standards. so before making any modifications in settings make sure if you need it.
Related Article >> Easy Way To Disable iCloud Drive On Mac
How To Grant Cron Full Disk Access In MacOS
latest versions of macOS face cron permissions issue then you should have to grant full disk access. let’s go by the following steps to allow the full disk access to cron.
- go to system preferences in the Apple menu and select the “security & privacy” option.
- in the “privacy” tab select the “full disk access” option from the side menu option.
- Click on the lock icon in the corner and authenticate with the system password to modify full disk access settings in your mac.
- now pull down the “go” menu from the finder in macOS and choose “go to folder”
- now enter the path: /usr/sbin/cron and select go.
Related Article >> Easy Way To Record Screen With External Audio On iPhone & iPad
- now you have to drag and drop the “cron” in the list of apps and processes with full disk access permission.
- cron should now appear in the list.
- now system preferences window and open finder sbin window once you finished and check cron permission issue.
Related Article >> Easy To Fix 3 Common macOS Catalina Issues
cron is powerful and used for automation, backups, scripting, and more advanced activities you can always check crontab for scripts and also change the default crontab editor if you want.