this is useful when install an operating system on a computer that doesn’t have a cd/dvd reader you can make a usb bootable on a windows or mac computer
it’s quicker and more compact that an optical data and so is perfectly suited for setting up a system there are also many other possible uses
you can also use a bootable usb to upgrade windows 7 or 8 to windows 10 if a previously automatic upgrade doesn’t function correctly
How To Make A USB Bootable Without Using Any Software
- connect your USB in your computer or laptop.
- side-click and go to the “format” option.
- see the option “file system” and select option as a “NTFS”
- see the option “allocation unit size” set “default allocation size”
- type the volume label name as a “windows”
- and start “format”
- now extract windows “iso file”
- copy all extracted “folders and files” in USB.
- all done
How To Bootable USB With Rufus
Rufus is widely considered to be the fastest and most reliable tool for the creation of a bootable usb.
- open the program with a double click.
- select your usb drive in “device”
- select “create a bootable disk using” and the option “iso image”
- right click on the cd-rom symbol and select the “iso file”
- under “new volume label” you can enter whatever name you like for your usb drive.
- receive the warning “all data on this device will be destroyed” which you can confidently confirm with “ok” at this point, you’ve ideally already saved any important files from the usb drive.
- click on “start”
- as soon as the green bar is full, click on “finish”
- eject your bootable usb drive with “safely eject hardware”