IDP.Generic stands for identity protection. the avast antivirus generally detects it. the IDP.Generic is a malware or false positive. the IDP.Generic causes money loss further malware infections identity theft and sensitive data disclosure to malicious actors.
you can also use virustotal this website that lets you check whether your file contains any malicious content.
- STEP 1 > go to the virustotal website. upload the files which you want to check.
- STEP 2 > click here. then click on “choose file”
- STEP 3 > select the files that are flagged by your antivirus.
Related Article >> How To Fix DNS server is not responding
IDP.Generic False Positive?
you have to first take the file out of the virus vault. if you don’t remove the file out of the vault the antivirus will block it. follow these steps to fix the issue.
- STEP 1 > firstly open the avast antivirus application.
- STEP 2 > secondly, move to protection.
- STEP 3 > thirdly select virus chest from the protection tab.
- STEP 4 > for the final step select restore and add excursion.
these steps are applicable to other antivirus applications as well every antivirus has a vault and vault helps you to retrieve the files from there. if you follow this step you will not face any issue regarding false positives.
Related Article >> How To Fix “Err_Cache_Miss” Error Using 3 Simple Method
Ignore IDP.Generic Virus Warning Is A Good Idea?
> anti-virus program warns you about any malicious content you must check on the virus once.
> this IDP.Generic trojan is mostly a false positive yet you should not completely ignore it. as previously said IDP.Generic causes severe problems if ignored.
What Are The Reasons For IDP.Generic False Positive?
> the antivirus program which is already installed in your computer sometimes uses an outdated definition. you should update your antivirus program to the latest version.
> this will remove the false positives. if the false positives are still there even after updating your present antivirus. you should change your antivirus application altogether.