mac operating systems upgrades go smoothly but occasionally annoying problems that need fixing you may encounter some macOS Catalina issues either before or after you upgrade to this version of apple operating system. if you can try these fixes to get your computer up and running smoothly with macOS Catalina.
Related Article >> Best Way To Reinstall MacOs Catalina
macOS Catalina Issues During Download And Installation
if you are trying to upgrade and get macOS Catalina Issues now can’t even get the installer to download here are some fixes to try.
- Solution 1 – check to see if your mac is compatible: if you get an error when you are trying to download the macOS Catalina installer from the mac app store one possible explanation is that your computer is either too old or lacks the hardware necessary to run the operating system.
- Solution 2 – check the apple update server status: the macOS software update server may be down or crowded although this problem usually happens a few days after a new release or update. if the status shows server troubles try the download later.
- Solution 3 – check available hard drive space: depending on the version of os x or macOS you currently running you have different space requirements for the installer. if you don’t have enough space for the installer file clear up drive space to make room.
- Solution 4 – run the macOS Catalina installer app manually: usually, the installation begins automatically when you download the file. if it doesn’t you can manually start it by opening the app your mac downloaded. the logical place to look for the installer is in your downloads folder but if it isn’t there look in the applications folder. delete the installer if it won’t run and redownload it.
- Solution 5 – Restart your computer: If your computer hangs during the initial setup you may need to force it to restart. hold the power button for a few seconds until the mac shuts down and then press it again to restart.
macOS Catalina Issues With Login
install macOS Catalina you may have some issues logging here are a few fixes to try if you can’t log in or your computer logs you out of your account while you are using it.
- Solution 1 – turn off your mac and turn it back on: giving your computer a fresh start is a solution to a lot of problems that why it reboots immediately after you install a new version of the operating system.
- Solution 2 – create a new admin account: one possibility is that the installation corrupted your primary administrator account creating a new one as a workaround might solve the problem.
- Solution 3 – reset your admin account using a terminal prompt: to keep your admin account intact but still fix the problem you need to remove the file that causing the issue. restart your computer while holding command+s and type the following two commands into the terminal window pressing enter at the end of each line and after that exit terminal and login to your account.
/sbin/mount -uw / rm /var/db/.applesetupdone
macOS Catalina Issues With App’s
some problems with the app’s you are installed some may not work and others may not run as well as they did before. here are some fixes you can try to get things working again.
- Solution 1 – Check for updates: Apple changes macOS versions app developers sometimes make their own updates to keep them working. Open the App Store to see if a new version of the problem app is available and download it.
- Solution 2 – Check for compatibility: once you upgrade to Catalina some older apps don’t work anymore The problem is that Catalina no longer supports 32-bit apps in the 64-bit ones.