microsoft compatibility telemetry is a service added by microsoft to windows 10 which collects and sends data to microsoft so that it can provide a better user experience for operating system. microsoft compatibility telemetry high disk usage is quite a common issue. microsoft compatibility telemetry uses up about 50% of the total dish space of your computer making it remarkably slow and annoying. unfortunately disabling the telemetry is not an option because you cannot disable all the telemetry data. but we have several ways to fix the problem of microsoft compatibility telemetry high disk usage for you.
windows compatibility telemetry or compattelrunner.exe file uses a lot of disk processing resources and leads to high cpu usage if you can fix the issue follow the step:
Method-1 > Using Command Prompt
you can disable the microsoft compatibility telemetry windows 10 by using the command prompt follow the method.
- STEP 1: press the windows icon button +r to open the run windows. type “cmd” and press enter.
- STEP 2: now in the command prompt window right-click on it and select run as administrator option.
- STEP 3: enter the following commands and then press enter after every command.
- STEP 4: you have to enter these commands one by one and press enter after each one.
sc delete diagtrack
sc delete dmwappushservice
echo ““ > c:\programdata\microsoft\diagnosis\etllogs\autologger\autologger-diagtrack-listener.etl
red add “hklm\software\policies\microsoft\windows\datacollection”/v allowtelemtery/t reg_dword/d 0 /f
Method-2 > Disable Diagnostics Tracking Service
windows compatibility telemetry as we know works to improve the user experience with microsoft if close this feature and are free not to participate in any feedback process. by disabling the automatic feedback you can step down from the operation of improving the operating system. follow the given steps to disable microsoft compatibility telemetry windows.
- STEP 1: firstly you need to run the services a desktop app.
- STEP 2: now in the services list look for diagnostics tracking service. open the property sheet.
- STEP 3: now in the property window, click on the general tab and select disable within the startup type.
discussing microsoft compatibility telemetry in windows 10 you must know that a gpo is provided by the microsoft is turnoff.
Related Article >> 5 Way To Fix “Confirm Form Resubmission” Error
Method-3 > Disable Allow Telemetry
microsoft telemetry high disk usage problem you can overcome it by disabling the compatelrunner.exe microsoft compatibility telemetry service.
- STEP 1: press the windows icon key +r to run command.
- STEP 2: in the run window type gpedit.msc and enter ok.
- STEP 3: the local group policy editor window will open.
- > here within computer configuration click on administrative templates.
- > within administrative templates locate windows components and click on it.
- > and then click on the data collection and preview builds option.
- STEP 4: now double click on “allow telemetry”
- STEP 5: click on disabled option and press ok.
Related Article >> How To Fix Ethernet Doesn’t Have A Valid IP Configuration Error
Method-4 > Check Windows Corrupted Files
if you want to check for system file manually proceed with the following steps.
- STEP 1: open command prompt (admin)
- STEP 2: type in the following command and hit enter.
- STEP 3: wait till windows automatically finds and fixes system errors.
Related Article >> How To Fix DNS server is not responding
Method-5 > Update Your Windows OS
- STEP 1: right-click on start button and go to the settings.
- STEP 2: select update & security.
- STEP 3: click on check for updates.
- STEP 4: now wait for the check for updates after that click download and install new updates.
- STEP 5: reboot your system.
we hope that you managed to fix the high cpu issue and your computer works smoothly now if you have any questions you can comment in below.
How To Disable Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry (compattelrunner.exe)?
compattelrunner.exe is a process that users can find running under the windows compatibility telemetry service. it is responsible for collecting a variety of technical data about computer and its performance and sending it to microsoft for its windows customer experience improvement program. if you can disable microsoft compatibility telemetry you can read over full article