do you want to record screen with external audio on iPhone and iPad this could come handy in multiple instances like when you are trying to record music that being played in the background or if you are simply just making a tutorial using your device.
Related Article >> Best Way To Reinstall MacOs Catalina
- the built-in screen recording functionality within ios that was first introduced alongside the release of ios 11. this allows users to record short clips of their screens and share them with other users for various purposes.
- you might not have noticed this hidden feature which allows you to use the device’s internal microphone to record sound in your environment. using your microphone while you are recording your screen you have certainly come to the right place.
Related Article >> Easy To Fix 3 Common macOS Catalina Issues
How To Record Screen With External Audio On iPhone And iPad
screen recording is a feature that’s quickly accessible as a toggle in the control center for iPhone and iPad running ios 11 or later. you need to take a step further in order to turn on your microphone for recordings. so let’s take a look at the procedure.
- you are using an iPhone or iPad swipe down from the top-right edge of the screen to access the control center. if you using an iPhone with a home button like the iPhone 8 simply swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
- the screen recording tool in the bottom section. long press on the screen recording icon to access more options. if you using an iPhone running ios 11 or 12 you have to force touch the icon instead.
- the microphone is turned off by default. simply tap the icon to turn it on.
- the microphone icon turns red once it’s enabled indicating that it will record screen with external audio.
Related Article >> Easy Way To Disable iCloud Drive On Mac
now you know how to record screen with external audio in your iPhone or iPad with the microphone turned on your iPhone will record the sound in the background which could prove to be useful in more than one situation. it’s worth noting here that you are not exactly limited to the internal microphone on your iPhone and iPad you could connect your earbuds and use the in-line microphone for external audio as well.
if you are planning to record audio on a professional level like for a podcast, movie, music production, or even making youtube tutorials you could even connect an external microphone and use that as an audio source.