Apple makes it very easy to reinstall macOS Catalina. all you need is an internet connection and you are ready to reinstall.
- any time you alter your computer operating system there is a certain amount of risk therefore it’s a good idea to backup any important files you have prior to reinstalling. fortunately, there are easy ways you can do that.
- it’s important that you have a reliable internet connection either from wi-fi or ethernet as your mac will be downloading all the files it needs for the reinstall from the internet. if you doing this on a laptop be sure the laptop power cord is plugged in once you all set you may begin to start.
Related Article >> Easy To Fix 3 Common macOS Catalina Issues
BackUp Your MacOs Catalina
the best thing you could do before making any significant changes to how your mac works are to back it up. there are lots of great backup solutions on the market to suit every need. if you don’t have the time to search for something specific your mac features a decent native option time machine.
- Connect an external USB or wifi hard drive to your mac.
- Go system preferences time machine.
- Click on a select backup disk.
- Press use disk.
How Can I Install Macos Catalina
Apple built a recovery mode into macOS for cases where you need to Reinstall macOS Catalinaor other your operating system. this is handy when your mac computer isn’t behaving correctly or has started to slow down.
- STEP – 1 > For Reinstall MacOs Catalina Click the Apple logo and click on restart.
STEP – 2 > as soon as the computer starts to shut down hold down command+r.
- continue holding these keys past the black screen and/or music you hear when the computer boots up until you see the recovery mode. you may then release the keys.
- STEP – 3 > you may be prompted to select a user you know the password for click the user then click next.
- STEP – 4 > enter the password for the user you selected.
- STEP – 5 > Click reinstall macOS and Click continue.
- STEP – 6 > Click Agree to the software license agreement and you are ready to reinstall macOS Catalina.
STEP – 7 > select the disk where you want to install the operating system.
- in some cases, you may need to unlock the drive click install or unlock.
- STEP – 8 > if you had to click unlock enter the password for an administrator on the computer.
- STEP – 9 > if you had to unlock you may now click install.
- STEP – 10 > the computer will take a while to download and install the operating system. expect to wait 15-25 minutes depending on the speed of your internet connection and computer. once the installation is complete your computer will reboot.
After Reinstalling MacOs Catalina
once you have completed the reinstall it’s important to check for updates to make sure you have all the latest software.
- Click the Apple logo and go to system preferences.
- click software update.
- your mac will check to make sure you have the latest software installed.