failed to connect the game message repeatedly from Roblox? you can also see this error message as Roblox error code 279 id=17 connection attempt failure error connection failure error is very commonly faced by Roblox players error code 17 or connection attempt failed error has very easy to fixes.
What is ROBLOX Error Code 279 ID=17?
Roblox error code 17 is basically a connection fail error where the client is unable to connect to the game server. Roblox players have seen this type of random errors most often as a result they also reported the bugs and error codes. if Roblox fails to load any games then you will most likely be seeing an error message which says failed to connect to the game id = 17 connection attempt failed error code 279.
there are some similar connection lost errors on Roblox the fixes for them are also same so read the full post to get rid of all the connection failed error codes at once. there are two different forms of connection failed error on Roblox on both these errors the first portion of the displayed message is always the same which is failed to connect to the game.
Related Article >> 5 Way To Fix Roblox Error Code 267
How To Fix ROBLOX Error Code 279 ID=17
i know you are really frustrated with the grey colored dialog box notifying you with the error message constantly but don’t worry this error has fixes just like the other error codes.
Method-1 > Manually Allow ROBLOX Windows Firewall
windows firewall can be the cause for roblox error code 279 id=17 connection failed error. so what can you do now? first close the browser and try turning off windows firewall for a while and then open games on roblox.
here are the steps to turn off windows firewall
- open up the search button and type windows defender firewall.
- click on turn windows defender firewall on or off on the left side of the panel.
- check to mark the turn off windows defender firewall for both public and private sections and click ok.
Method-2 > Clear Data And Reset Browser
- on your computer open chrome.
- at the top right click more.
- click more tools clear browsing data.
- choose a time range like last hour or all time.
- select the types of information you want to remove.
- click clear data.
- Click the Chrome menu.
- select settings.
- Click Show advanced settings and find the “Reset browser settings” section.
- Click reset browser settings.
- in the dialog that appears click reset.
Method-3 > Port Forwarding
the required ports for Roblox is necessary to avoid this error. its can be caused if the appropriate range of ports is not opened on your network.
- open your router control panel and login as administrator.
- navigate to the port forwarding category and enter the IP address of your system.
- now you have to enter the 49152–65535 port range.
- also, you have to select UDP as the protocol.
- restart your router once you are done.
- run Roblox and check if the issue persists or not.
Why Roblox Keeps Losing Connection?
the reason behind Roblox losing connection may be low bandwidth or some technical issues from Roblox itself.
Which Platforms You Can Play Roblox?
you can play Roblox on android, ios, pc, mac etc.
the fix i provided you in this post, you will be able to fix any connection lost or failure errors very easily do you like these methods mention it in the comment section which steps worked for you.