windows modules installer worker using a lot of cpu and disk resources. this process also known as tiworker.exe is a part of the windows operating system. the process is named windows modules installer worker on the normal processes tab in windows 10 task manager its file name is tiworker.exe and you will see that displayed on the details tab.
windows 10 automatically install operating system updates via windows update so this process is likely just installing updates in the background. if you choose to uninstall an update or add or remove an optional windows feature the windows modules installer worker process will also need to do some work.
Related Article >> What Is Service Host Superfetch? How To Fix It
How To Fix Windows Modules Installer Worker High CPU Usage
windows modules installer work error often comes up when you have issues with automatic windows updates. if you turn the windows update to the manual by doing this it means that the windows update process with not take place automatically in the background.
- STEP-1 > press the windows key + r key on your keyboard to open the run dialogue box.
- STEP-2 > type services.msc in the dialogue box and click on ok to proceed.
- STEP-3 > locate windows modules installer in services.
- STEP-4 > now double-click on the windows module installer.
- STEP-5 > find startup type and click on the run-down menu to change from automatic to manual.
- STEP-6 > then click on the ok button.
- STEP-7 > go back to the services.msc window and search for windows update.
- STEP-8 > change it to manual.
- STEP-9 > now go to control panel.
- STEP-10 > locate windows update and click on it.
- STEP-11 > go to change settings where you should be able to change how windows updates itself.
- STEP-12 > select check for update but let me choose whether to download and install them and click on the ok button
- STEP-13 > close all windows and reboot your computer.
we recommend you manually check for updates at regular. missing critical updates means your operating system will be unstable and you will encounter performance issues.
Related Article >> What Is CTF Loader (ctfmon.exe) And How To Disable It
How To Fix Tiworker.exe High CPU Usage
if you have changed your windows update settings from automatic to manual and you are still seeing the wmi error you may have to fix tiworker.exe. this executable file is built into windows update. when experiencing high cpu usage due to wmi consuming most of your cpu resources you can simply fix tiworker.exe
- STEP-1 > type troubleshooting in the windows search box and click on the correct option troubleshooting.
- STEP-2 > if you are using an older version of windows go to control panel and search troubleshooting.
- STEP-3 > find view all on the left side and click on to proceed to the next step.
- STEP-4 > on the new window locate system maintenance and click on it.
- STEP-5 > wait a few seconds.
Related Article >> What Is The WMI Provider Host (wmiprvse.exe)
If You Think Something Wrong About Windows Modules Installer Worker And Tiworker.exe
if you think something wrong about windows modules installer worker process has been churning away for hours you think it just runs too frequently there are some troubleshooting steps you can take. these won’t help if the process is just running for normal reasons but can potentially fix problems with windows update and the windows operating system itself that could cause issues with the windows modules installer worker service.
Related Article >> 5 Way To Fix Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry High Disk Usage Issue
What Is Windows Modules Installer Worker?
this system process enables installation, modification, and removal of windows updates and optional components according to its service description.
Windows Modules Installer Worker Is A Virus?
this process is a part of windows. its show any reports of malware disguising itself as the windows modules installer worker or tiworker.exe process.
these are the most effective solutions to the windows modules installer worker error. you were able to solve the problem using one of the methods.